About This Course
A single dataset may store thousands of records and querying the dataset is a fast way to find features. Learn the building blocks of a query expression and how to select features that meet one or more attribute criteria.
Be able to perform the following tasks:
- Construct queries in ArcGIS Pro to select features based on specific attributes.
- Describe common data types that are used to define feature attribute fields.
- Identify the components of an attribute query.
- Construct a query using an attribute field that has text values.
- Construct a query using an attribute field that has numeric values.
Querying data using feature attributes
Most GIS data includes features and an attribute table. The features represent the location of an object on a map. The attribute table provides descriptive information about the features (for example, their size, address, age, and so on). This information is referred to as the attributes of the feature (or data). These attributes are used to search and query the data.